Friday, August 22, 2014

Just for Fun!

All summer long, I have been trying to figure out a way to incorporate some fun pictures I've taken of my twin granddaughters into a blog.  Last night I decided to stop trying and just post the pictures - just for fun!!


We all need some fun in our lives. 
With all that is going on in the world around us, we need to find time,
we need to take time, to laugh! 
To see what is good and right in our world - because so many things still are - good and right!


As most of you know, I live upstairs from my oldest daughter, Jessica and her family, which consists of husband, Brett and seven (yes, seven!) children - Charlotte, Maggie, Phillip, James, William and twins, Annie and Harriet, Icelandic Sheepdog, Moley and black cat, Casper.  When I leave my apartment to go anywhere, I walk down the outside stairs and then down a long walkway to my garage.  This walkway goes by their living room, kitchen, dining area and mudroom, so there are ample opportunities for anyone inside the house to see me come and go. 

 
Most days I am met with at least a "Hi, Gammy!", but more often than not, I am also met with

"Where are you going?" 
"Where have you been?" 
"What's that?" 
"What are you doing today?" 
"Who's that for?" 
 
Seriously, some days it's worse than being a teen-ager drilled by your parents!!


Since the beginning of summer, at least once a week, sometimes, more, when I leave the house, Annie and Harriet have come outside to question me, give me hugs and kisses and "love yous." 

I don't remember when it started, but they also began to do these "poses" for me.  They are a couple of crazy kids and some of the poses were pretty crazy.  Unfortunately, I didn't think about taking  pictures until about a month into it, so I missed some of them. 

But once I started taking pictures, they would run out and shout "Pose" while I was getting in my car, so I would whip out my phone and take a picture!


I love these pictures.  I love these kids!  They represent some of the "whimsy" in my life that always puts a smile on my face.  They are "God with skin on" in the daily grind of my life.  They always help to "center" me and help me remember what's really important.

So, because I couldn't think of a more creative way to "work" these into a blog, here they are -
just for fun!!
 


"Hurry up, she's heavy!"
 
I grew up a very serious child and became a very serious-minded adult, until my husband, Phil, entered my world.  For those who knew him, you remember a very fun-loving guy.  He really helped me to "loosen up."  He always saw the light-hearted side of things.  He would have loved the antics of these grandkids.  They carry on his legacy in my life and remind me not to take myself or life too seriously.

There are times to be serious, of course, but there also times for fun. 
I believe those are both sides of God's character, because we are created "in His image." 
Just as it does a parent's heart good to see a child have fun, it delights God's heart, too!
 
Do something today - just for fun!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment