Thursday, March 6, 2014

The Path to Wholeness

It starts at birth; rather before birth.
"Before you were knit in your mother's womb, I knew you."
Psalm 139

 
He chose our parents, our birth place, our ethnic background, the color of our hair and eyes, the substance of our personality. These and everything else that makes up who we are. He chose where we were to live, who our friends would be, who we would marry.

 

Nothing, NOTHING happens to us by chance.
He is the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. As He knows our beginning, so, too, He knows our end. And He wants to be involved in all that is in the middle! But the mystery of all this is our free will. As sovereign as He is, we have our free will to make our own choices.
How did you get to be who you are today?
What choices did you make along the way that led to where you are right now in your life?
Do you KNOW who you are?
Do you KNOW who He is?

My whole life I have desired wholeness, to be a whole person; someone at peace with myself. It was that very desire that led me to the Lord at 25 years of age. As I have struggled through trials and circumstances and the painful death of my husband after 33 years of marriage, I have repeatedly gone back to the Lord for His healing to bring me to wholeness. I believe what the Bible says regarding Kingdom Living for the here and now and believe that is a promise to us as we pursue a God who desires our wholeness.
"And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ."
 I Thessalonians 5:23

Throughout my life, I have met so many women who have been beaten down by life's circumstances and have not known their worth in God. As a result, they allow themselves to be abused and neglected by others. I believe so much of the promiscuity we see in our world today is a result of women not knowing or believing their worth before a heavenly Father that so cherishes them.

God has done so much in my life - healing me from the inside out. He has delivered me from rejection and taught me how to respect myself as a person and as a creation and daughter of the Most High God. I began a journey many years ago to know who I am in Christ and I'm still walking that journey today. Who I am has evolved as life's circumstances and situations have helped, with God's constant hand in mine, to shape who I am today. As I continue to lean on Him and trust Him in all situations, He has been so faithful to develop His character in me. It has been a process not without a lot of pain, but one well worth the investment.

As I seek to know Him more, He continually seeks to bring me to wholeness in Him.
As He assures me continually of my worth in Him, I realize I am worthy because I am His creation, as are all of us.  Ever heard the old saying, "God doesn't make junk"?  Well, He doesn't!

"And God saw every thing that he has made, and behold, it was very good."
Genesis 1:31

The path to wholeness is different for each of us, but every path leads us directly to Him, for in Him alone do we find our identity, our significance, our security and our worth.



Won't you set out on that path today?  Or perhaps you are on that path?  If you are, don't get discouraged.  He is leading and guiding you always.  Seek Him, bring all your cares and situations and lay them at His feet.  Trust Him there!

Seek Him first and He will do incredible things in your heart and life!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment