Tuesday, March 25, 2014

A Prayer God Will Answer

A prayer that God will answer:

Search Me
 
"Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."
Psalm 139:23, 24

As God searches our hearts - wrong motives, bad attitudes, etc - come to the surface and we can bring them to God so we can be forgiven, cleansed and changed.
 
Break Me
 
"Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice."
Psalm 51:8

As our wills are broken to submit to His, those broken places ultimately bring us to rejoicing because God has conformed us more to His image.
 
Stretch Me
 
"Enlarge the place of thy tent, and let them stretch forth the curtains of thine habitations: spare not, engthen thy cords, and strengthen thy stakes;"
Isaiah 54:2

God will increase our capacity to contain Him, He will increase grace in our lives to enable us to do and be what He has called to come forth in us.
 
Lead Me
 
"He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake."
Psalm 23:3

He leads me in paths that will ultimately bring glory to Him.
 
Teach Me

"For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what you ought to say."
Luke 12:12

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."
John 14:26

What I need to know, He will teach me as I continue to submit myself to Him.
 
Use Me
 
"Then said I, Here am I; send me."
Isaiah 6:8b

He pours into us continually, that we may pour out to others.  We need to be faithful to go.


Lord, search me, break me, stretch me, lead me, teach me, use me!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment