Friday, November 22, 2013

Letting Go - Holding On

To trust takes letting go - letting go of our own expectations and letting go of the results we want in any given situation. Letting go of our fears; letting go of control.

Letting Go - to Hold On

 
In Sunday School this past Sunday, someone made this statement - "To trust in God and to live by faith means we let go of all of our scheming."
 
 
Letting Go - of my own desires
Holding On - to God's desires

Lettiing Go - of my frustrations
Holding On - to His peace
 
Letting Go - of my expectations
Holding On - to God's plans
 
Letting Go - of me
Holding On - to Him.
 
"He must increase, but I must decrease."
John 3:30
 
Opening the hand to release all that I want to hold on to and as I let it go, I find God's hand reaching down to take my empty one so He now can fill it - with all that He has for me.

 
Have you ever "hatched a scheme?"  To scheme means to plot; to contrive a plan for.  Has there been something you wanted so bad, you were willing to do anything to get it?  And then you made a plan on how you were going to get it?  Disregarding all that stood in your way?
 
I know I have!
 
And I am so thankful that God loves me enough not to let me have my own way when He knows that way is dangerous for me - not just physically, but spiritually, too.
 
"And he gave them their request; but sent leanness into their soul."
Psalm 106:15
 
Was it worth it?  Is it worth it?
 
 
There are any number of frustrations we encounter in our daily lives; I'm dealing with one particular frustration today and as I started to feel my stress level mounting, God spoke softly, hold on to your peace!  Let go of the frustration!  I could feel my whole body relax in that moment.  It's not worth it!  It's not worth losing my peace over something so trivial and temporal.  Thank you, Lord!
 

 
To fully trust God, we need to let go of our scheming; let go of our plans, let go of our dreams, let go of our frustrations, let go of all we've pre-conceived in our minds that is the best for us.
 
To fully trust God, we need to believe that He is in every single little detail of our lives and as we let go, we get to hold on.
 
What are you holding on to today? 
 
Let go - Hold on!
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment