Thursday, October 2, 2014

Blessing in Sorrow

Ten years! 
Can hardly believe it! 
Phil used to always say, "Time flies when you're having fun - - - and even when you're not!"
 
There has been some fun in my life these past ten years - sadness and sorrow, too! 
But isn't that what life is all about?
 



You learn to take the bad with the good - and always there's blessing!  God has blessed my life more than I would have ever thought possible on the day Phil died.
 
I've gone places I never expected to go. 
I've done things I never expected to do. 
I've felt emotions I never expected to feel. 
I've written and published two books! 
Who would have ever thought?
 
God does take the ugly and turn it into something beautiful.

 
 
"God is always good and I am always loved."

As I sat by his grave on the tenth anniversary of his death - it was a beautiful fall day in Vermont - sunny, 68 degrees - I felt a myriad of emotions:
 
 - joy in experiencing this day; in life
- sadness that he's gone
- thankfulness for the life and years I had with him
- contentment knowing that he didn't die a minute sooner than God planned
- hope for my future, knowing God is sovereign
- peace with God's plan for my life.

 
Mostly, I was overwhelmed by God's love and goodness! 
He has been, and I know will continue to be, my shield, my strength. 
His grace is never-ending. 
His love is unconditional and His mercies are new every morning.
 
He is my constant companion, my faithful friend, my husband and my ever-present help!
 
Regardless of where the road of life may take me, I know He is with me.
  
 
Truly I am blessed!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment