Friday, October 25, 2013

Laughter is Good for the Soul

"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine..." 
Proverbs 17:22
 
"A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance....." 
Proverbs 15:13
 
"Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop: but a good word maketh it glad."
Proverbs 12:25
 
 
My late husband, Phil, had a very merry heart and could see the humor in almost all of life's situations. He made me laugh...a lot.  I have always been a very serious person and he would always say to me - "You need to lighten up, Donna, lighten up."  He was so right.  He brought a lot of fun to our family and taught me not to take myself or life too seriously. 

Laughter is so good for the soul.  Because we are made to see humor in life and because we enjoy laughter, I believe it's also in God's character to do the same because we are made in His image.  He has a terrific sense of humor.  Just look at all of His creations (not humans - but animals, fish, even some plants).  Life, even at it's best, is hard.  To find things to laugh about each day helps to lighten the load.
 
A former pastor of mine used to always say, "If you're happy, let your face know."   
 
I felt impressed by the Lord to write this blog today.  Those of you who know me, know that isn't always the way my mind bends.  But as I was out walking the other day, I took some pictures that brought big smiles to my face and I even thought of captions to put under each one.  So today, I just want to make you smile and maybe even laugh. 
 
Lighten up, smile, it's good for your soul!
 
 
 "A little help here.  I'm stuck!"

 "Help, I've fallen and I can't get up!"
 
 "Raptured? Seriously?!? Nobody told me!"

 I have no words for this one!

"Harpo, have you seen my cigar?"

"I'm not coming down unless you promise me full amnesty!"
 
I think I just heard some of you groan!  Really, that's all you got?  Hey, we have to take it where we can find it!! I challenge you to find some humor in your day today.  You might have to look hard depending on how your day is going, but look anyway.  Remember, it takes less energy to smile than it does to frown, so if you're tired, that might be why!!!  :)
 
 
Hope you enjoy this video and song.  I really have not lost my mind!! Just enjoying the medicine of a merry heart!!
 
Remember:
 
God is always good and you are always loved!!
 
 
 






 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment