Monday, October 14, 2013

Just Love Me

"What am I going to do with you?" he laughed.  And I would always respond, "Just love me!" 

Wow!  Where did that memory come from?  I was working on my Bible Study and adding to my list of gifts.  The key for the day was "gifts said".  As I thought of things that had been said to me, this one came to the surface.  It kind of stopped me and made me think.  Phil would always ask me that question whenever I had done something especially funny, quirky or even stupid and I would always reply the same way.  And love me, he did!  But today those words - "just love me" resounded in my spirit and I thought, isn't that what we all want?  Just to be loved.  To be loved through all our quirkiness, stupidity, difficultness, etc.  We just want someone to love us - just for who we are!

Every time I see a heart stone, I feel it is God saying to me, "I love you, Donna", and my heart feels full at that moment.  As I go through my day, sometimes I lose sight of the fact that He loves me through all the moments of my day, even when I feel and even act very unlovable.


His love is revealed to us in so many ways.  Ways that we sometimes are too busy to see or recognize.  It's in the smile of the man who holds the door open for you at the post office.  It's in the green light that is there when you are in a hurry.  It's in the sunrise of every morning.  It's in the beauty of His creation.  It's written in His Word for you to read as His personal love letter to you!  It's even in the rain that falls steady outside your window.


It's given to you every day in so many different ways.  Take time today to look for His love expressed to you!  Receive that love with hands wide open to all that means for you.  You are loved!!  You are loved!!  You are loved!!

"Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with loving kindness have I drawn thee."  Jeremiah 31:3




No comments:

Post a Comment