Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Embrace the Seasons of Life


"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:"  Ecclesiastes 3:1

I set out on my walk today somewhat reluctantly. I hadn’t been on a walk for over a week and wasn’t really sure I wanted to do one today. But as I walked I started to revel in the moment. The wind was blowing hard from the south and really messing up my hair. I love the wind!! As I began to put myself in the moment, I started thinking about the fall season - what is it about fall that makes me feel so alive?? Then I progressed to thinking about seasons - fall - winter - spring - summer - and I remembered a candle holder that a dear friend gave me many years ago. It says “Every new season brings its own special blessings.” I’ve thought of that candle holder many times over the years and it’s caused me to reflect on the seasons of my life.

The season of youth, the season of falling in love, the season of married life, the season of babies, toddlers, adolescents, teenagers, the season of empty nest, the season of widowhood, the season of retirement and I’m sure there were others and still more to come.
 
Every season does have its own special blessings if we will open our heart to receive them. We mourn the season past while holding hand open to accept the season to come.








As I was walking down the road, the wind was at my back and I thought - some seasons of life are like that. The wind is at your back, blue skies above, smooth sailing ahead, God is on His throne in heaven and all is right with the world. But as I turned around to head back home, the wind was blowing hard against me and I thought, yes, some seasons are like that, too. Sometimes it takes so much effort just to take the next step, sometimes you don't even know what the next step is but it feels like everything is pushing against you and you just don’t know how you will make it. But, you know what?  God is still on His throne during this season, too. And His love is always reaching out to us, through all the seasons of our lives.

We, most of the time, do not know the path our journey will take us on when we embark on a new season in our life. Sometimes the road looks straight ahead and we know where we are headed, and sometimes there is a curve in the road and we can’t see beyond that and we have no idea what’s ahead. Sometimes we can't even see the road!!  But this we do know, wherever that road takes us, God is with us as we walk it.





Whatever road you are on, in whatever season you are in, remember this, God IS on His throne, all IS right in His world and He has promised from His word -

"...for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."  Hebrews 13:5b

Embrace this season you are in - embrace it with all that’s in you and receive with hands and arms wide open, all God wants to give you in this very special season of your life.  EMBRACE IT - don't try to walk out of it, don't try to walk around it, don't try to avoid it.  God has so many special blessings for you right now, right here, in this season of your life!  It's no mistake or accident that you are where you are.  Take that first step and persevere to walk down the road He has chosen for you in this season He has chosen for you.


I would love to hear from you.  Would love to hear what season you are in and what the Lord is doing in your life during this season.  There is a space below to send me your comments.  God bless you!








 

No comments:

Post a Comment