Monday, September 8, 2014

A New Creation!

I recently wrote this letter to someone who was being harassed by the enemy based on her past life before knowing the Lord.  As I printed it out for her, I felt prompted by the Lord to also share it here for any of you who may fight this same battle.  May the Lord set you free!!

Dear Friend:

Here are some scriptures I made reference to the other night when we were together. I thought it might be helpful for you to have them in your arsenal as you do battle with the enemy. Remember, he has been defeated and his only shot is to get you to believe his lies. BUT, you have God’s truth. Use it!


“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation, the old has gone, the new has come?”
2 Corinthians 5:17

The old you no longer exists; she is dead and her life is now “hid in Christ with God.”
 (Colossians 3:3)
“For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." 
2 Corinthians 10:3-5

This means that when the enemy whispers lies in our ears about us or anything else, we use the divine power we have through Christ (His Word) to demolish those lies. And we capture every thought as it enters our minds and turn it to fit God’s truth. For example - the enemy whispers - “you’re never going to change. Once a sinner, always a sinner.” You reject that thought and replace it with this one - “God’s word tells me that I am a new creation; the old is gone, the new has come.’

Satan is a liar from the beginning.

This is Jesus speaking to the Pharisees - “You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.” John 8:44
“…..it is impossible for God to lie,….”  
Hebrews 6:18b

 By this scripture, we can be assured that all lies come from satan, for God cannot lie!
 

“Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” 

John 8:32
 
"The thief (satan) comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.”
John 10:10

The thief comes to steal your joy, kill your hope and destroy your faith.
 

“For the accuser of our brothers, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down.” 

Revelations 12:10c

Just as we know that all lies come from satan, we can also be assured that all accusations come from satan. God never accuses or condemns us. But this is the promise and assurance of satan’s future demise - the one who has accused us relentlessly day and night WILL be cast down!! Hallelujah!!



“Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love;
According to your great compassion blot out my transgressions.
Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.
For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me.
Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight,
So that you are proved right when you speak and justified when you judge.
Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.
Surely you desire truth in the inner parts; you teach me wisom in the inmost place.
Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones you have crushed rejoice.
Hide your face from my sins and blot out all my iniquity.
Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
Then I will teach transgressors your ways, and sinners will turn back to you.
Save me from bloodguilt, O God, the God who saves me, and my tongue will sing of your righteousness.
O Lord, open my lips, and my mouth will declare your praise.
You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.
In your good pleasure make Zion prosper; build up the walls of Jerusalem.
Then there will be righteous sacrifices, whole burnt offerings to delight you; then bulls will be offered on your altar.” 

Psalm 51

Read and reflect on this scripture, ask God to speak to you through it, then write down any questions you have about any part of it and we can discuss it the next time we get together.


“Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.” 

Acts 20:28 KJV

You were bought and paid for with His shed blood on the cross.
 


“In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding.” 

Ephesians 1:7, 8

 

“But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.” 

Ephesians 2:13


“How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!” 

Hebrews 9:14

Jesus’ blood has cleansed all past sins and actions that led to spiritual death.
 

“Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.” 

Hebrews 10:19-23
 

“But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanses us from all sin.” 

I John 1:7 KJV
 

“For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.” 

Psalm 103:11, 12

I hope these scriptures have helped and continue to help as you walk forth out of the bondages of the past into the new life that God has promised and provided for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment