Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Quote for the Day

I have a small journal that I have titled, "My Book of Quotes."  Every time I come across something that I consider especially profound, I write it in this little journal.  Then, every so often, I go back and re-read these quotes.  These quotes have come from books I have read, lines from a movie, words from a song, or even something someone said to me.

The other day, I was looking through my book of quotes and stopped when I read this particular one.  It was sent to me from a friend after she read my book, Strength of My Heart, a couple of years ago.

"God desires to give each life its full development.  Of course, there are exceptions.  In some cases the lessons and discipline of life are crowded into a very brief space of time.  But on the whole, each human life is intended to touch all the notes of life's organ.  There is an appointed time when it will be born and die, weep and laugh, gain and lose, enjoy serene peace and endure storm-tossed seas.  These times have been fixed for you in God's plan.  Do not try to anticipate them or force the pace, but wait for the Lord's timing.  In due course all will work out for your good and for His glory." 
F. B. Meyer

I find this a very powerful and very comforting statement and I believe Scripture backs this up.  It brings comfort and peace to my heart because it reminds me that my times are indeed in God's hands (Psalm 31:15). 

Nothing, nothing, absolutely nothing that happens to us takes God by surprise!!  And because He is not surprised - He knows all - you can believe and trust - that He has already prepared the provision!!

And that provision is filled with His grace! 
His grace is enough! 
His grace is always enough! 
HE is always enough!

When you're at the end of your rope with a rebellious child - He is enough!
 
When the doctor tells you devastating news - He is enough!
 
When you're so tired and weary and don't feel like you can go on another day - He is enough!
 
When the last argument with your husband seems to say there's no hope - He is enough!
 
When you lose the one you love the most in this world - He is enough!
 
When you're stuck in traffic for hours and your patience is wearing thin - He is enough!
 
There is no situation no matter how small or how big where God is not enough!
 
I sometimes go through a day when I encounter a lot of annoying interruptions and aggravations that I have to deal with and it leaves me frustrated.  But then, I find out a friend was just told they have cancer and I think, God forgive me for being so distracted by petty annoyances.
 
But, you know what?  "These times have been fixed for you in God's plan."  Regardless of the scope of what we're dealing with - God wants us to see Him right there in the midst!
 
"The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing."
Zephaniah 3:17 (emphasis mine)
 
God is in the midst. 
Lord, give me eyes to see you in the midst!
 
When my eyes begin to see, then I find His provision of grace, His provision of mercy, His provision of love, His provision of whatever it is I need at the moment.
 
But sometimes we are blinded by our own reactions and responses to the situation and we can't see a thing!
 


We are like a blind person trying to navigate an unknown road.  But even if we don't know the road,  if it's some thing we've never encountered before or some place we've never been before, we know The One who walks down that road with us.  And This One is worthy to be trusted.  A blind person has to trust another person or a guide dog to navigate for them.  We can trust The One who navigates for us.  He will not lead us astray and He will never lead us where His grace can't keep us!

There are absolutely no guarantees in life; it can change in the blink of an eye!  How too well I know that.  But the other thing I know beyond a shadow of a doubt is that my God never changes.

"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and for ever."
Hebrews 13:8
 
He alone is our rock, our refuge, our portion, our shelter, our deliverer, our strong tower, our shield.
He is whatever we need in the midst.

He is my very present help in time of need.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment