Sunday, February 9, 2014

Stop the World...I Want to Get Off!

STOP THE WORLD....I WANT TO GET OFF!!!
 
Have you ever felt like that?
Have you ever felt like your world just keeps spinning and spinning and you can't
get anything into focus?Have you ever thought if the world could just stop for a few minutes, then maybe, just maybe you might be able to catch up?
Have you ever had so many thoughts going through your heard that you
can't even complete one simple thought?
Ever thought you can't even think straight, your mind keeps flitting from
one thing to the next??
Ever feel like there are simply not enough hours in the day to get everything done that needs to get done?
 
 
 
I'm feeling like that today.
I look at all the things on my calendar for the week ahead and I am already overwhelmed and exhausted!!  My "To Do" list gets longer by the minute!
 
 
I feel so totally out of control.  It's like I'm slogging (is that even a word?) through a fog, calling out, "Lord, where are you?"
 
And in the midst of this, God very softly says, "Come to me."
"All that is mine is yours.  I have given it to you."
 
God stills my heart...gives me peace.
God is stretching me.  I think I can't do this, but God says:
 
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Philippians 4:13
 
I feel weary, tired, overwhelmed and Jesus says:
 
"Come unto me all you that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and you shall find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
Matthew 11:28-30
 
Jesus says simply - All I have I give to you ---- peace, comfort, rest, mercy, grace - tons and tons of grace, strength and so much more.
 
"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.  Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  Therefore I take pleasure in informities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak then am I strong."
2 Corinthians 12:9, 10
 
I'm reminded by the Lord to take one day at a time, one step at a time.  I'm reminded to give Him all I have on my calendar - turn it over to Him - ask Him to order my steps, plan my days, give me strength, make my sleep sweet.  I'm reminded to lean hard into Him.
 
I'm reminded that all is grace - abundant, amazing grace.
 
 
I'm reminded that I and I alone have put limits on myself and my God.  I'm saying - Lord, I need some time alone to myself, I can't do this and He replies to me that He knows what I need and He is the provider.  Trust--- I need to trust.
 
My devotional this morning - these words God spoke:
 
"All things are provided and are even already given; only recognize that you have them. Oh, what we have missed....from not having had eyes that could see.  I have hungered so for things that all the time I possessed, if I had only known it."  (Safe Within Your Love, Hannah W. Smith)
 
He has provided all I need for this day and the day after and the day after that and on and on.  I have only to recognize it.  Lord, give me eyes to see that these things on my calendar are not responsibilities or obligations, but opportunities - opportunities that you have given me - to serve you and to stretch me. 
 
"Enlarge the place of thy tent, and let them stretch forth the curtains of thine habitations: spare not, lengthen they cords, and strengthen they stakes;"
Isaiah 54:2
 
What if these things are given of God to stretch me, to build character, to cause me to lean heavily into Him, to enlarge the capacity within me to contain Him?
 
Do your best work, Lord, in me.  Calm my wandering thoughts, stop the spinning, center me in You. For YouYou, are all I need - to get through the days ahead, to minister to those you have called me to, to do those things that need to be done and leave the rest in your care.
 
"Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God: for unto thee will I pray.  My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up."
Psalm 5:2, 3
 
"The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delights in his way."
Psalm 37:23
 

 
Thank you, Lord, that You have ordered my steps and I can take delight in the path you have put me on this day!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment