Tuesday, July 5, 2016

His Sovereignty

I got a late start to work the other day. I was awake half the night and then when I finally did fall asleep, I ended up oversleeping. Got ready in a hurry and left my house about 10 minutes later than I usually do, but still thought I'd be able to make it on time.





Then - all of a sudden the traffic stopped - quite a bit away from where I knew the red light was. And the most irritating thing? In front of me was a large truck completely blocking my view of what was ahead of it. I waited through 3 red lights and was so frustrated because I could not figure out why. I couldn't see anything up ahead. That darn truck was blocking my view!!




The truck ended up heading in the same direction I was going, so I had to continue to follow it. The traffic was backed up for at least 2 miles and I still could not see anything because that truck was blocking my view!! Then, all of a sudden, the traffic started moving faster and the jam broke up, but there was nothing that I could see on the road as I traveled that might have caused the delay!! I guess I will never know what the problem was!

Can I just say - I hate when that happens!! Makes no sense!



I couldn't figure out what was holding things up! I didn't understand, because I couldn't see! And I was helpless to do anything about it. And I may never know what held things up!

As I was sitting in my car waiting and waiting and waiting...I thought about the application of that frustration to my spiritual life. There have been many times that God has brought me to an abrupt halt and I never could figure out why. I couldn't see what was ahead - He was blocking my view!!



I know God knows best. I also know He has my best in His heart and plans always. But it is so frustrating when I don't understand and when I can't see what's ahead! And then to think I may never know bothers my curious mind!

But, I ask myself, do I really want to know what's up ahead? Would I have wanted to know that my husband was going to die young? Would I have wanted to see what was up ahead for us and then later for me?

At some point in my life, I had to accept the sovereignty of God. I had to make the choice to believe that God knows best for me and my life. I have to continue to make that choice every day and trust Him - who knows the end from the beginning.

When things don't go my way; when things happen that don't seem to make any sense; when abruptly things come to a halt or when the road takes a turn that I didn't see coming - I need to make the choice to trust Him because He does know best!



When a "truck blocks my view" I need to trust He is on the other side of that truck. I need to realize that I don't need to always know what's up ahead. If I need to know, God will show me. The twists, turns and surprises of life may take me by surprise, but they never take God by surprise. He has made provision all along the way. There is never a time that His view is blocked!!

No comments:

Post a Comment