Monday, December 9, 2013

His Relentless Pursuit

"Gammy - you are haunted by hearts!  They follow you everywhere you go!"

"Hearts just stalk you, Gammy!"

These words spoken by my 8-yr old granddaughter, Harriet and my 15-yr old granddaughter, Charlotte.  They are absolutely right!  I don't remember when it started because I have always loved hearts.  Somewhere along the line, I began to realize they were God's way of speaking His love to me.  And I do find them everywhere.

One thing I have learned about God - His love is absolutely relentless in its pursuit to capture my heart - to capture your heart!

This one my granddaughter made for me.  She colored it blue because that's my favorite color.
 

This one is a stone that Phil bought for me years ago that was in my garden on South Street and came with me to my new home.
 

This one I could hardly believe.  A couple of weeks ago I was feeling particularly blue one day and headed out to my garage, getting ready to go visit my Dad.  As I walked into my garage, there was this heart embedded in the garage floor!!  I have lived here for 5 years and had never noticed it before!!
 

This one I found on the beach in Maine.
 

This one came attached to a set of measuring spoons I received as a favor gift at a bridal shower.
 
This one was by the door to the cottage we rent every summer in Maine.  Under the brick on the right is the key to the cottage, so when I went to pick up the key, there was the heart!
 
This is the keychain someone gave me!
 
My twin granddaughters drew this in the snow by the steps to my house.
 
Years ago, Phil and I were rummaging through an antique store.  I was just about to leave and this caught the corner of my eye.  Of course, I had to buy it!
 
 
Anyway, I think you get the picture!  I have been at exercise class and the sweat on the lady's T-shirt in front of me is in the form of a heart!  I find heart stones everywhere and have quite a collection of them.
 
My life's verse from the Bible is:
 
"Whom have I in heaven but thee?  and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee.  My flesh and my heart faileth:  but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever."
Psalm 73:25, 26
 
My point in sharing all of this with you is to help you awaken to the signs and gifts God gives you during your every ordinary day that show his love for YOU!
 
It doesn't have to come in the form of a heart, it can be anything near and dear to you and God uses it to reveal Himself and His love to you and for you at any given time.
 
My hearts seem to appear when I need them the most.  Whenever I see one, it's as if I hear God saying, "I love you, daughter." and I always whisper back, "I love you, too."
How it warms my heart whenever I see one!
But...and here's the important part.....I have learned to look for them!
 
With eyes open, I have learned to look for the gifts and the love God wants me to see and receive each and every day. It is ALWAYS there.  He is always reaching out...always!
 
When our eyes are on our problem, when our eyes are cast down, we miss the very love and hope He longs to shed abroad in our hearts!
 
But when we walk through our day looking for and expecting that gift from God, our eyes are open to see it - whenever and wherever it might appear and most of the time it is in the most unlikely places!
 
God's heart is always reaching toward ours.  As I previously said, He is absolutely RELENTLESS in His pursuit of us!  Doesn't the knowledge of that already make you feel especially loved??!!
 
Look for Him today!  Even in the messy, uncontrollable, mistake-filled, rushed and hurried every day life you're trying to muddle through.  You'll find Him right there - in the midst of it all!
 
This one appeared on the walkway to my house after a rain storm.  The rest of the walkway had dried, but there was an indentation in the cement and this remained!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment